The cobalt pigment (inorganic pigment) is wonderful! It is very light stable, and compatible with all techniques and pigments.
– Etymology: cobalt pigment known since 1804, the name “Cobalt” comes from the German word “Kobalt” which means “mining spirit”.
– Colours : blue / turquoise blue / deep blue / blue-green / green
– Composition: mixed oxides of cobalt and aluminum
– Compatibilities: with all techniques, including concrete
– Properties: very good resistance to light, bad weather, and high temperatures. They also have good resistance to acids and are compatible with lime.
Tip: Note that cobalt pigments are more opaque in water-based techniques.
**Colours shown are for information purposes only: Actual colors may vary from the colour on your screen due to monitor differences.